Friday

Cinderella doesn’t have to be home by midnight any more

When I go off to be with a lover I usually let my husband know when I will be back. After all he's the one who allows me to do this, and I know he'll be anxious while I’m gone. I don’t want to prolong his anxiety or worry him.

But sometimes things run longer than I expect. On some nights I’m just not ready to come home by the agreed upon time, or when I told him I would. So we talked about this and I told him that from now on I’m not going to commit to a time to be home.

When I go out I don’t know how the night will go. Some nights are short, some are long. It all depends on me and the guy and how things are going between us.

I told my husband that from now on if I will be out past midnight then I'll call and let him know when I expect to be back. But until midnight my time is my own and I shouldn’t have to keep one eye on the clock. It was a change from our agreement, but he said he understood and he's okay with it.

Good. I hate clock watching. That's one less thing to worry about.

I love my husband.